Mechatronic System Engineer (Coop)
Intelligent Haptronic Solutions Inc. (IHS) is a medical robotics start-up company developing the next generation of surgical simulators. IHS has a team of industry-leading researchers and experienced engineers working towards advancing haptics, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence technology for surgical training applications.
Company Website: www.intelligent-haptronic-solutions.com
Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-haptronic-solutions/
Are you excited about haptics, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence technology? You have the unique opportunity to join a team of passionate researchers and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds in haptics, virtual reality, robotics, artificial intelligence, computer hardware, and software to develop haptic and virtual reality-based surgical simulation systems. These systems are intended to enhance medical education in hospital and academic settings to improve the quality of training towards competency.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and manufacturing mechanical structures and components for IHS haptic device
- Designing and bringup PCBs for a variety of electronic devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, and haptic devices
- Designing, developing and debugging embedded software
- Working closely with the engineering team to integrate virtual reality software with haptic systems
- Knowledge of mechanical design and modeling
- Creating production drawings with GD&T
- Experience in Schematic Capture and PCB layout
- Experience in PCB testing and bringup, familiar with lab testing equipment (i.e. oscilloscope, power supplies, multi-meter, … etc.)
- Experience in C/C++ programming
- Experience working with embedded system is a plus
- Working knowledge of different manufacturing techniques is a plus
- Haptic/Robotics knowledge preferred
- Chinese language is a plus
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position as the subject line.
For more information and to stay up to date with ongoing news, find us on LinkedIn