Mechatronic Design Engineer (Coop)
Intelligent Haptronic Solutions Inc. (IHS) is a medical robotics start-up company that focuses on research and development of industry leading surgical training simulation system. IHS has a team of industry leading researchers and experienced engineers that strive for advancing Haptic, VR and AI technology for surgical training applications. IHS is in partnership with Shenzhen Zhichu Computer System Co., Ltd which is responsible for product manufacturing, marketing and sales. IHS is also in partnership with Vancouver General Hospital as well as multiple well-known teaching hospitals in China including the department of gastroenterology, Beijing Tsinghua Changgung Hospital which will provide clinical trial/evaluation platforms for product development.
Company Website: www.intelligent-haptronic-solutions.com
Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-haptronic-solutions/
Are you excited about haptics, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence technology? You have the unique opportunity to join a team of passionate researchers and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds in haptics, virtual reality, robotics, artificial intelligence, computer hardware, and software to develop haptic and virtual reality-based surgical simulation systems. These systems are intended to enhance medical education in hospital and academic settings to improve the quality of training towards competency.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and manufacture mechanical structures/components for IHS haptic device
- Design and bring up PCBs for a variety of electronic devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems and haptic devices
- Design, develop and debug embedded software for IHS haptic device
- Work closely with engineering team to integrate VR software with the haptic systems.
- Knowledge in mechanical design and modeling
- Create production drawings with GD&T
- Working knowledge with different manufacturing techniques
- Experience in Schematic Capture and PCB layout is a plus
- Experience in C/C++ programming and microcontrollers is a plus
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to inte[email protected] with the position as the subject line.
For more information and to stay up to date with ongoing news, find us on LinkedIn