Software Engineer (Coop)
Intelligent Haptronic Solutions Inc. (IHS) is a medical robotics start-up company developing the next generation of surgical simulators. IHS has a team of industry-leading researchers and experienced engineers working towards advancing haptics, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence technology for surgical training applications.
Our company is partnered with Shenzhen Zhichu Computer System Co., Ltd for product manufacturing, marketing, and sales in China. IHS works closely with multiple well-known teaching hospitals in China, including the Department of Gastroenterology at Beijing Tsinghua Changgung Hospital, for pilot testing and product validation.
Company Website: www.intelligent-haptronic-solutions.com
Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-haptronic-solutions/
Are you excited about haptics, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence technology? You have the unique opportunity to join a team of passionate researchers and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds in haptics, virtual reality, robotics, artificial intelligence, computer hardware, and software to develop haptic and virtual reality-based surgical simulation systems. These systems are intended to enhance medical education in hospital and academic settings to improve the quality of training towards competency.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing software for a variety of electronic devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems and haptic devices
- Designing, developing and debugging real-time virtual reality software with integration of advanced haptic systems
- Designing, developing and debugging backend artificial intelligence engine with integration of medical databases
- Working closely with engineering team to integrate virtual reality software with haptic systems
- Working closely with frontend developers to integrate user interfaces with virtual reality software to create cohesive user experiences
- Solid programming skills
- At least two of the following languages: C, C++, C#, Python (C# preferred)
- Strong understanding of OOP, data structure and algorithms
- Experience working with embedded system is a plus
- Haptic/robotics knowledge is a plus
- 3D computer graphics/shaders is a plus
- Artistic skills, such as modeling and texturing are a plus
- Experience working with artificial intelligence engines is a plus
- Experience working with Unity game development engines is a plus
- Experience with MongoDB is a plus
- Previous testing experience is a plus
- 3D mathematical skills is a plus
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position as the subject line.
For more information and to stay up to date with ongoing news, find us on LinkedIn