Virtual Reality Software Developer
Vancouver, BC | Engineering | March 3, 2020
Are you excited about virtual reality (VR) and haptic technology? Do you enjoy making lifelike VR models and working with cutting edge haptic systems that provide realistic force feedback?
We are looking for highly motivated, engineering talent to join the Intelligent Haptronic Solutions team. Work with a group of industry-leading, interdisciplinary researchers and engineers to develop best-in-class VR surgical training simulators! These systems will be used by hospitals, medical schools, and simulation centers to enhance resident medical education and improve the efficiency of surgical training programs.
If you want to use your software development skills to make a meaningful impact in the healthcare and medical education space, apply now!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position as the subject line.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze, design, and develop VR deformable models and collision detection systems for advanced haptic systems
- Design, develop, and debug real-time VR software with integration of advanced haptic systems
- Develop software for a variety of electronic devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, and haptic devices
- Work closely with engineering team to integrate VR software with the haptic systems
- Work closely with front end developers to integrate UI with VR software to create excellent user experience
- 3+ years game/simulation software development experience
- 5+ years C# experience
- Experience in 3D computer graphics
- Experience working with Unity game development engines
- Experience developing VR deformable models
- Experience developing collision detection system for haptic device
- Experience 3D modeling
- Experience working with low level functions with CUDA/Nvidia GPU
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience with Windows drivers
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Generous compensation package, including extended health and dental benefits from day one
- Downtown office location located on the Skytrain line
- Access to onsite fitness facilities
- Flexible work environment and vacation policy
- Opportunity to grow within a fast-paced, expanding startup
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to stay up to date with ongoing news, find us on LinkedIn